WE ARE HIRING
We are looking for an AV Designer.
Job profile :
You will be designing sound systems, stage lighting, video capture and broadcasting, and multimedia systems, as well as preparing plans and specifications, monitoring construction sites, and managing the projects assigned to you.
You will work closely with the technical design team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in systems design. You have knowledge of sound, lighting and video systems and the required infrastructure. You are proficient with recent versions of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of predictive software for sound systems, Revit software and networking skills are an asset. You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
This is a full-time position with flexibility in alternating office and remote work.
As part of the team, you will be required to :
- Conduct needs assessments and develop equipment budgets;
- Attend design and coordination meetings with various stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation of technical studies;
- Follow up on communications related to your projects in terms of equipment and infrastructure;
- Create schedules for equipment and infrastructure to be integrated into the master project schedule;
- Design and develop systems through technical drawings, specifications, budgets and reports;
- Perform the drawing of various systems with AutoCAD (one-line diagrams, layout, electrical requirements, etc.) or forward the information to a member of the drawing team;
- Ensure the follow-up of projects and the consistency of documents;
- Validate technical drawings made by others;
- Validate the layout of the infrastructure made by the other professionals of the project;
- Draft plans and specifications for tenders for specialised equipment;
- Provide technical support during tendering processes and make recommendations for contract awards;
- Analyze and annotate shop drawings from specialized equipment manufacturers;
- Participate in the supervision of works;
- Prepare site visit reports on building infrastructure and audiovisual equipment;
- Analyse the end-of-project documentation and make the final acceptance.
Qualifications and skills :
- College diploma in audiovisual, stage or electronic technology or similar;
- 2 years experience in a similar or related position in the audiovisual field;
- Experience in the field of stage technology or permanent audio-visual installation (an asset);
- Knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of stage equipment standards and the entertainment and/or sports industry (an asset);
- Dynamic, autonomous and professional;
- French, English spoken and written essential;
- Willingness to travel occasionally to attend meetings, visit construction sites and validate installations;
- ASP construction certification (an asset).
SEND YOUR RESUME
Send your resume with a cover letter via the form below.